PRINGLES™ AS ART CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR KINJA ACCOUNT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR KINJA ACCOUNT MEMBERSHIP WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Official Rules apply for the Pringles as Art Contest from Studio@Gawker ("Gawker") promotion (the "Contest") conducted by Gawker Media, LLC, 210 Elizabeth Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10012 ("Sponsor") and promoted at pringles.gawker.com ("Website"). The Contest will start at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on March 18, 2014 and will end at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 21, 2014 (hereinafter, "Promotion Period"). By entering this Contest, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
CONTEST ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE BOTH (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND (B) WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION WITHIN WHICH THEY RESIDE ON THE DATE OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTEST SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor, Kellogg NA Company ("Prize Provider"), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion (collectively, the "Released Entities"), and their immediate family members regardless of where they reside and/or those living in the same household of any such individual (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
1. TO ENTER: To Enter Your Pringles Can Design: Step 1: Design your creative Pringles can or crisp creation. Step 2: Photograph your design (if physical), sketch it, otherwise render it, OR write a description of your idea; and Step 3: Email your photo, drawing, otherwise rendered design, or written description along with your name, address, telephone number, and email address to: email@example.com during the Promotion Period. Only one entry per person, household or e-mail address will be considered for entry, unless multiple entries are specifically allowed in the contest posting. Duplicates may be disqualified. Your entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Contest and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and other information for the purpose of fulfilling your prize if you are deemed a prize winner and for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law.
By submitting any Content or information to Sponsor, entrants hereby grant to Sponsor, Prize Provider, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, world-wide, perpetual, sublicensable, and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted Content or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Sponsor includes but is not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted Content.
By submitting any Content or information to Sponsor, entrants hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and that they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Sponsor herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any Content or information submitted by them, and may, in its sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo or information that you submit to Sponsor.
Entrants understand and intend that any Content or information submitted by them to Sponsor may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which they disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any Content or information submitted to Sponsor. By submitting any Content or information to Sponsor, entrants hereby waive any privacy expectations that they may have with respect to any such Content or information.
Entrants hereby agree to hold Sponsor, Prize Provider, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any Sponsor site, or any other use authorized under these rules, of any Content or information submitted to Sponsor by the entrant(s).
Entries or information submitted by entrants to the Contest shall be the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to entrants or others any Content or information so submitted.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misaddressed, or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Any entry that is submitted with the use of an automated device will be void. All terms and conditions of http://legal.kinja.com/kinja-terms-of... apply. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM ET ON April 21, 2014.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS/JUDGING CRITERIA: Potential prize winner will be selected by Sponsor's marketing team on or about April 16, 2014. The judges will consider the following criteria when determining a winner: 40% for creativity, 40% for originality of execution, and 20% presentation and overall aesthetics. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per household.
3. PRIZE AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): GRAND PRIZE: The grand prize consists of a two-day trip for two to New York City for the Silent Disco Presented by Pringles event. Prize includes: round-trip airfare to New York from the major airport closest to winner's home (if prize winner lives within one hundred (100) miles of New York City, alternate ground transportation will be provided instead); one night accommodation for two in a four-star hotel, transportation to and from the airport and the Silent Disco Event on May 8, 2014. Total ARV of Grand Prize: $X,XXX.
Any difference between the stated ARV of a prize and the actual value of such prize will not be awarded. The ARV of all prizes set forth above represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market values, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed.
4. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Eligibility, age and claims made by potential prize winners are subject to verification. Potential prize winners will be notified by e-mail on or about April 16, 2014. Prize Winners will be sent via e-mail an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law), which potential Prize Winners must sign before a notary public and return to Sponsor within five (5) business days of notification. Sponsor is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. If a prize winner notification is returned as undeliverable, a selected potential prize winner is ineligible, or a selected potential prize winner declines a prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed.
All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prizes. No cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
The Grand Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, daytime and nighttime telephone numbers. In the case of a cash winner or winner of a prize valued at $600USD or more, winner must also supply social security number for tax purposes.
5. GENERAL: By entering this Contest, entrants and prize winners: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) acknowledge that Sponsor and the Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor's decisions with respect to the Contest are final.
6. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Released Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or entrants' receipt, acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall Sponsor or the Released Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Each entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. By accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and accepts inherent risk associated with the Grand Prize. In the event the Sponsor or the Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event, including a force majeure event, the Sponsor and the Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or the Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Contest as a result of a force majeure event, the Sponsor and the Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such force majeure event.
8. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the names of the prize winners (available after April 16, 2014) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Pringles as Art Contest, Attn: Studio@Gawker, 210 Elizabeth Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10012. Please specify "Official Rules" or "Winners List".
9. Sponsor reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time. If you have any questions or complaints about any of Sponsor's contests, please contact questions AT gawker.com. Sponsor may discontinue this Contest at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Contest or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Contest' security and fairness.
All rights reserved.